Listen, Linda listen. Before you run off and get all Keto Fab. I’m gonna need you to do a few thangs. Really, in all seriousness, take heed of the following:
- Know Your Baseline let your primary care provider know that you intend to start a ketogenic meal plan. Most providers are not well versed on the topic and you may have to educate them. You may even get resistance. Even so, your goal is to get them to assess where you are with your kidney and liver function, how your body manages glucose, iron levels and a few others. You will ask them to order a blood test called a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel . Click on the link to get further details about what is included.
- Get Your References – I may have mentioned this before but it is worth mentioning again…and again. There are 2 books that I refer to regularly. I highly recommend you get these in your repertoire. They are available in digital, paperback and audio formats.
- For motivation and mindset you must read Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet. It couldn’t have been more aptly named, as clarity is truly what I gained from listening to this book. I prefer the audiobook because it allows me to multitask. I listen on flights, during my workout, in the car or whenever I need to get refocused on the “WHY”. There will be many naysayers so you will need to re-ground yourself at times and remember why this meal plan is safe, effective, practical and right for you. Get it today and listen and read often.
- For your action plan you must have The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle. This book is your action plan. It has everything you need to put your KetoFab Lifestyle into action; recipes, shopping lists, what to expect…just everything. We will refer to this text often in the personal coaching programs. It has truly been a critical key to my success.
- Finally, add this website to your Favorites. DietDoctor.com If you are curious and just want to get your feet wet this site has a wealth of information, and most importantly each of the meals in LiveKetoFab’s “A Week in the KetoFab Life” Challenge will come from this site. I have tried them all and will be picking out the good stuff for you. Trust me, my motto is to never put anything in my mouth that is not absolutely delicious. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Get Your Supplements- vitamin supplements are probably a part of your daily life anyway right? Well if not, now is the time to make it happen. There are some foods that will rarely be a part of your meal plan so it is critical to supplement to be sure you have adequate vitamin intake for optimal functioning. You will hear and see all types of recommendations for vitamin, mineral and nutrient supplements on this journey. Do what is most comfortable for you. For me, simplicity is the key. I have incorporated pre-natal vitamins into my daily regimen. My vitamin of choice is the Rainbow Light Prenatal Petite™ Mini-Tab Multivitamin. I like the complete profile as well as the ease of swallowing the smaller sized tablets. Anyone that has taken pre-natal vitamins can tell appreciate that. Gigantic capsules and nausea are NOT on my fabulous list. Choose the vitamin that works for you. You can order the Rainbow Light vitamin below.
Are you excited yet? I know I am. It’s game on going forward. Be sure to reach out to me with any questions. I want to hear from you. Share with your thoughts and experience with the LiveKetoFab community at the end of the “A Week in the KetoFab Life” challenge.
Let the countdown begin. Follow LiveKetoFab on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the kickoff date.